Our private Spanish lessons can be taken for as little as 2 hours a week to 20 hours a week. Having an individual Spanish lesson means you have your Spanish teacher all to yourself! The advantage of this is that your Spanish class can be exactly what you want and need it to be. Your teacher will tailor each lesson to your specific grammatical and conversational needs and their attention will be entirely focused your Spanish learning and not the needs of other classmates. In a private class oral communication is emphasized without losing attention to reading, writing, grammar and vocabulary acquirement. This combined with the individual attention will have you quickly speaking Spanish confidently.
Private lessons are available in the afternoon so that if you wish, they can be combined with group classes in the mornings.
We also provide accommodation options for our students with a native Spanish speaker. This allows students to practice their Spanish at home and learn about Argentine culture. Students can select a homestay (includes 2 daily meals) or shared apartment accommodation option.
We offer many activities to complement our Spanish classes which provide students the opportunity to practice their Spanish with locals and to also learn about Argentine culture, including:
Weekend Excursions from Buenos Aires – a chance to practice your Spanish!
- Day trip to Colonia, Uruguay
- Day trip to an Estancia (traditional ranch), Argentina
- Weekend trip to Iguazú Falls, Argentina
- Weekend trip to Mendoza, Argentina
Weekly Activities – an opportunity to put your new-found Spanish skills to the test
Spanish student activities are offered every day of the week in Buenos Aires in order to supplement the student experience without interfering with Spanish school coursework. The coordination of these activities is included in each student’s Spanish course. Most activities offered are free or at a low cost for students to cover entrance fees or meal costs.
- Weekly staff and student dinners
- Weekly soccer games
- Day trips to Tigre
- Local band concerts
- Day at an Estancia (traditional Argentine ranch)
- Asados (Argentine barbecue)
- Wine tasting
- Cooking classes
- Tango show and classes
- Museum and exhibit visits
- Theater and movie outings
- Running and bike tours and more
Workshops – learn a new skills while practicing Spanish
- Fileteado painting
Our price is $40 USD for every 2 hour private lesson. Discounts apply for purchases of 10 or 20 hours/week. The price includes:
- Spanish placement level test
- Pre-arrival and welcome package
- Spanish class materials
- 24-hour emergency telephone
- Computer terminals for use and free internet access
- Free snacks, water, juice, tea and coffee
- Student advice and support
- Various weekly activities
- Certificate of completion at the end of the course
We do NOT charge a registration fee
Our School is in a beautiful historical building. The interior has been newly refurbished and is outfitted with state-of-the-art equipment, comfortable classrooms and spacious student common areas to facilitate the pursuit of learning while also providing a place to rest, relax and socialize.
Some of the features of our Expanish Spanish School (from July 2010) are:
- Large street entrance and welcome area
- 6 purpose built floors
- naturally-lit classrooms
- Student amenities and administration
- Two elevators and staircase
- Bathroom facilities on every floor
- Sound proof windows
- Top floor student common room complete with sofas, computers and study area
- Student common room co-located with the teachers common room to facilitate engagement
- Student snack areas
- Projection room for DVD/video screenings
- E-lab with 10 computer terminals (from 2011)
- Tutorial and seminar rooms
- Wi-Fi throughout the building
- Rooftop terrace with superb views of the city (open 2011)
- Air-conditioning and central heating
- Electronically controlled entrance
Expanish Spanish School is a member of SEA (Association of Language Centers in Argentina). We follow the accredited Spanish curriculum model of the Cervantes Institute. Our teaching methods combine a variety of successful methodologies in order to ensure the most effective courses possible for our students.
Our Spanish teachers are native Spanish speakers. All of the Expanish staff and Spanish teachers are professional, energetic, and committed to student learning.