Digital Entrepreneurship (M.A.)
: Master of ArtsDuration of Study
: 3 semesters for applicants with 210 ECTS // 3 semesters plus 1 Pre Semester course for applicants with 180 ECTSECTS
: 90, 30 (Pre-Semester)Starting
: Master course: 15th MarchPre-Semester
: 1st OctoberOnline Pre-Semester
: 15th MarchLocation
: Munich, Cologne, Hamburg and BerlinTuition fee
: Non-EU students 7,800 € per semester plus 750 € registration fee. EU students 6,200 € per semester plus 500 € registration fee. Starting from 500 € per month with guarantee.Language
: EnglishApplication process
: University/B.A. degree with at least 180 ECTS and an average grade of at least 2.5, TOEFL test (at least 81 out of 120 points) or IELTS (at least 6.0 out of 9); equivalent qualifications may also be accepted, as applicable, curriculum vitae – signed personally, letter of recommendation (by your lecturer or employer), personal motivation statement, personal interview with a selection panel/skype interview for international students
Open Media Master M.A., Specialisation Digital Entrepreneurship (M.A.).
Do you want to become a successful navigator in the Digital Age?
The specialisation Digital Entrepreneurship teaches students to design electronic products and services which support business activities through electronic processes, giving them the necessary market knowledge and enabling them to develop a sense of entrepreneurship. Students acquire comprehensive strategic, design, technical and business skills to develop digital media products at a high project-managerial level. They learn how to involve the various stake holders and experts and how to devise the relevant briefing specifications. Students critically analyse different types of web 2.0 services, especially social media, apps and other mobile services (including augmented reality features) and are trained to analyse and develop business models in this context. Furthermore, they are challenged as “entrepreneurs” and able to sharpen their own start-up ideas, not only strategically but also regarding practical start-up requirements.Potential careers with this M.A
Prerequisites and Pre-Semester course
- Project Manager in areas such as e-cmmerce, e-procurement, e-marketing, e-contracting, e-distribution, e-payment
- Social Media Business Manager
- Online Product Manager
- Mobile Applications Manager
To begin a master’s programme, you require at least 210 ECTS. If you have completed your bachelor’s degree with 180 ECTS, Macromedia University offers the option of obtaining the extra 30 ECTS needed in a Pre-Semester course.
The Pre-Semester course is an attendance-based course that starts in the winter semester to ensure you can begin the master’s programme in the summer semester without any difficulty.
NEW: From the 2016 summer semester, the Pre-Semester course will also be available online.Your benefits at Macromedia University
- Top position in CHE Ranking 2014/15*
- Small classes with intensive, individual supervision
- Globally recognised, state-approved degrees, accredited by FIBAA
- Campuses in Berlin & Munich: two of the Top 5 “Most Affordable Cities for Students 2015” worldwide**
- Authentic, practice oriented projects with over 500 well-known companies
- Highly qualified professors and industry insiders as lecturers
- International students from all continents
- Career perspectives in Germany: 18 months visa after successful graduation
- Master’s degree on three days a week (e.g. from Thursday to Saturday)
- Pre-Semester course available online
- Buddy network for international students
- Several Programmes entirely in English
- Campus locations situated in the very centre of Germany’s industrial locations
- Worldwide network of Partner Universities
Macromedia University of Applied Sciences follows these developments in its capacity as a university and conceives itself as a place for reflecting on all aspects of media society. Our courses of study cover the broad spectrum of modern media careers, from management and content jobs such as journalism, to the creative fields of design, gaming and film and television. Our teaching is informed by the core idea of training students to the highest level professionally, but also giving them individual support in their personal development.