Máster en Modelos Financieros - MSc
El Máster en Modelos Financieros integra métodos matemáticos y estadísticos juntos con los más avanzados estudios en el campo de las finanzas. Este Máster profundiza a través de la investigación en áreas de estudio interconectadas en la disciplina de las matemáticas, la estadística y las finanzas.
- You will receive a high-level introduction to the use of mathematics and statistics in finance and gain a critical awareness of evolving and controversial areas of market behaviour. You will develop analytical, computation, evaluative and communication skills that can be applied to a wide range of finance and other business contexts.
- The programme is designed to meet the needs of highly numerate graduates (principally graduates in mathematics, statistics, engineering or a related discipline) who wish to use their skills to pursue a career in finance.
- Accounting and finance at Glasgow has earned an international reputation within both academic and professional accounting circles for the quality of its research and teaching since its inception in 1925.
- We are ranked first in Scotland and fifth in the UK for accounting and finance research in the 2008 Research Assessment Exercise. 80% of our research was judged to be of international quality with 10% rated as world-leading.
- Our staff have close connections to the accounting and finance profession, with, for example, staff serving on the Accounting Standards Board, as Advisor to the House of Lords, as well as on various committees of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Scotland. Our staff also act as advisors to the Economic & Social Sciences Research Council, the Hong Kong Research Grants Council and the Canadian Social Science and Humanities Research Council.
Teaching is through a combination of lectures, seminars and tutorials.
- International capital markets
- Mathematical models for finance
- Statistical inference (half credit course)
- Probability (half credit course)
- Research methods
- Financial reporting and interpretation
- Mathematical and statistical modelling for finance
- Financial analysis and equity valuation
- International banking and financial markets.
You will also complete a dissertation of around 12,000 words.
This programme is designed to prepare you for back-office or mid-office roles in banks or other financial services businesses, or in any other part of a financial services business where a strongly numerate role exists.
Graduates from this programme are likely to be employed in key roles in banks, insurance companies, and other financial institutions.
Entry requirements are a 2.1 Honours degree or non-UK equivalent qualification (for example, GPA 3.0 or above) in a subject such as mathematics, statistics, engineering or physics.
If your first language is not English, the University sets a minimum English Language proficiency level.
- International Capital Markets
- Mathematics for Finance
- Statistics for Finance
- Research Methods
- Financial Reporting and Interpretation
- Mathematics and Statistics
Choose one elective course from the following list:
- International Financial Analysis
- International Banking and Financial Markets
- Behavioural Finance