Máster en Educación Para Adultos y Formación Continuada - MSc
Como profesional en el sector de la enseñanza para adultos, este Máster le proporcionará la mejor forma de consolidar su forma de trabajar desde un punto de vista teórico y filosófico, así como una excelente formación para la investigación que podrá utilizar para continuar con sus estudios o en su propio trabajo.
- If you want to gain a research-based qualification in community education, adult education, human resource development or training, this programme is designed for you.
- You will benefit from our close links to local organisations such as the Workers' Educational Association, as well as other community, further education and higher education institutions.
- You will develop practices in critical reflection and judgement that you can apply in relation to your own approaches to adult education.
- There’s a focus on collaborative learning, drawing on your own experiences and those of your academic colleagues.
- MSc: 12 months full-time; 24 months part-time
- Modern educational thought
- International issues in adult and continuing education
- The psychology of adult learning
- Introduction to educational and social research
- Advanced educational research.
You will also study one option from a choice that will vary from year to year, but normally includes
- Popular education in Latin America
- Curriculum development in adult education
- New technology and lifelong learning.
You will also undertake training in research methods and complete a research project. For the research project you will choose a specific aspect of education for adults and write a dissertation with the support of a supervisor.
Many of our graduates have gained employment in the higher education sector, including international and UK universities. You could also find roles in adult education for local councils, healthcare departments and adult literacy
Entry requirements for postgraduate taught programmes are normally a 2.1 Honours degree or equivalent (eg GPA of 3.0 or above) in a relevant subject unless otherwise specified.
If your first language is not English, the University sets a minimum English Language proficiency level.
Career and testimonials
Every year we ask our graduates where they have gone onto with regards to employment. Many of our graduates have gained employment in the Higher Education sector, including the University of Glasgow, the University of Edinburgh and National Taipai University, as University Teachers or working on projects relating to adult education. Other graduates have entered the Further Education sector and Local Councils. Further areas of employment where graduates have advanced their careers have been within Adult Literacies, Nursing teaching and teaching CPD for dental nurses.