Máster en Derecho Corporativo y Financiero - LLM
El Máster en Derecho Corporativo y Financiero es único en el Reino unido ya que proporciona un enfoque especializado en transacciones, mercados y problemas de normativa globales. Es necesario que los abogados actuales comprendan la estructura e interacción en torno al derecho corporativo y financiero.
- We offer excellent facilities including our dedicated School of Law library; our main University library also contains our extensive collection of legal materials and official publications and is a European Documentation Centre.
- We have a very vibrant mooting programme and a dedicated Moot Courtroom. We have an outstanding record of success and you can participate in internal, national and international mooting competitions.
- You will also have access to specialised web-based services including the Practical Law Company (PLC), which provides transaction documentation and advice to law firms and financial institutions.
- LLM: 12 months full-time; 24 months part-time
You will focus on key areas such as the legal framework for equity capital, issuing debt, takeovers and insolvency. The programme covers both the private law focus on the structuring of individual transactions, and the public law focus on the regulation of financial institutions and markets. You will be taught by a team of academics with practical experience of transactions and regulatory issues.
You will take four courses and submit a dissertation on an approved topic.
- Corporate finance
- Corporate governance
- Corporate restructuring
- Debt finance and security
- International financial regulation
- International finance law
- International investment law
- International merger control
- Investment structures and funds
- Law of commercial banking.
There is a high demand for law professionals with expertise in both corporate and financial law. You will be well placed for roles in law firms, banks, insurers, asset managers and regulators.
Entry requirements for Corporate and Financial Law are a good first degree in law (2:1 upwards or equivalent) or a first degree (2:1 upwards or equivalent) with at least 50% of the credits in law.
If your first language is not English, the University sets a minimum English Language proficiency level.
School of Law EEA Scholarship
The School of Law offers a £2,500 reduction on the overseas fees charged to applicants from the EEA who are non-EU nationals, who come to the University of Glasgow to study for an LLM degree. This amount will automatically be deducted from the fees students need to pay when they register.
Special Scholarship for Swiss Nationals
The School of Law offers a 10% discount on the overseas fees charged to applicants from Switzerland, who come to the University of Glasgow to study for an LLM degree. This amount will automatically be deducted from the fees students need to pay when they register.
- Worth NOK 30,000
- Available to students studying at the Universities of Oslo, Bergen and Troms ø
- Allows a student to complete the International Competition Law and Policy LLM at the University of Glasgow
- The scholarship is paid at the commencement of the University year each autumn
- The applicant must have accepted an offer to study at Glasgow.
- Up to two scholarships are available each year.
- To apply, send an application with a CV and statement of academic results to HR Consultant, Anne Bogen.